Lizardo94

Lizardo94

Holiday Kisses: A Holiday Romance Collection
Jaci Burton, HelenKay Dimon, Shannon Stacey, Angela James
Until Fountain Bridge: (InterMix)
Samantha Young
Levi's Ultimatum
Eliza Gayle
Death's Lover
Marie Hall
Claimed  - Stacey Kennedy

Reviewed for Sara at www.HarlequinJunkie.com

Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley

Wow. Wow, wow, wow! This book was awesome! I loved it! I cannot wait for the next one to come out!!

Okay, first, there's Presley, the heroine. I really liked her name since it's so unique! But she also happens to be a great character. I really identified with her, especially since we share a lot of the same character traits. Presley is something of a people pleaser. I wouldn't say she's a doormat; far from it. She DOES prefer to avoid confrontation and embarrassing scenes though. Presley moved to Las Vegas with her boyfriend who quickly became her fiancee... until she caught him cheating on her. Later, when she sees him at a sports bar, he tries to chat with her. She has no desire to talk to him but she's polite and nice. There's no way she'd make a scene and tell him to eff off or smack him or anything. She'd be happy to never see him again but she just doesn't have it in her to be mean. So I really liked that about her and I thought it was very realistic. I know if I saw an ex out and about around town and he spoke to me, I wouldn't go crazy or anything. So Presley seems like just a nice, normal girl and that was refreshing. As always, I liked that she cared about her family back home (Apple Valley?) and her new friends in Vegas. She lives with Cora, who she met through her ex-fiancee and I really hope Cora gets her own book because she was really cute and funny! Its Cora who introduces Presley to the BDSM club, Club Sin, which is where Presley meets the incredibly sexy, Master Dmitri!

Oh Master Dmitri!! He's so SO fine! This is absolutely who I pictured as him, all the way down to the voice!
Master Dmitri

So now that we're on the same page, um, yeah. This dude could dominate me anytime he wanted!! LOL! I really liked how Master Dmitri was more than just Master. He has these friends who run the Club with him, which makes him more human. I loved finding out a little about his past and how he had a hard time in his personal AND professional life before finding the BDSM, D/s scene. It seems, in some books, that a Dom is always a Dom and we don't get a lot of information on him (or her) or what he (or she) was like BEFORE finding happiness in this lifestyle. But what really solidified my feelings for Dmitri was getting more information on his relationship with Mary and Charles. Charles introduced Dmitri to the lifestyle and Mary was his wife. "Was" because Charles died and even though it was such a sad story, it was great to see that soft, squishy side of Dmitri. Believe it or not, it also showed his funny side, as well! I really hope we see more of Mary in the future. She brings such quiet respect to any scene that she really helps ground anyone she's with. Anyways, Dmitri is sexy, hot, dominant (duh!), kind, caring and protective. In short, he's kind of the perfect man!

I loved Presley and Dmitri together. Even from their very first encounter, you could tell that they were going to be more to each other than casual friends or Dom trainer. After I finished the book, I realized that there was only ONE Sexy Time scene but while I was reading it, it was so effing hot. I can't believe it!! Presley and Dmitri have plenty of sexual encounters with each other but, to be honest, this author makes a kissing scene feel like a damn sexual encounter!! LOL! I'm SO not kidding! But don't say, "Only one sex scene?! Bah! This isn't worth my time." Because you would REALLY be missing out!! I'm telling you: Every. Single. Scene. That Presley and Dmitri have together is so friggin' hot, you won't notice or care whether or not there is any penetration!!! Did I just say penetration? Oh gawd, help me... LOL!

I would abso-freaking-lutely recommend this book! I would especially recommend it to those of you who aren't sure if you want to get into reading the hotter, heavier books that have a BDSM or Dom/sub plot lines. Of course, in my humble opinion, you are ka-razy if you don't want to read this stuff! It's SO good! But this one introduces you to it slowly, which is nice for newbies. Also, I think a lot of you will see yourselves in Presley (just like I did) and that makes it so much more fun, don't you think?