Lizardo94

Lizardo94

Holiday Kisses: A Holiday Romance Collection
Jaci Burton, HelenKay Dimon, Shannon Stacey, Angela James
Until Fountain Bridge: (InterMix)
Samantha Young
Levi's Ultimatum
Eliza Gayle
Death's Lover
Marie Hall
Heavy Metal Heart - Nico Rosso

Reviewed for Sara at www.HarlequinJunkie.com

Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley

Wow, check out that cover!!! It looks SUPER hot, right? Well, it IS super hot but it gets a little weird. And by now, if you hear ME saying that something is weird, I'm hoping you know that I'm serious...

This is going to be a slightly shorter review because this was a relatively short book. 132 pages, according to Goodreads.com. But I didn't feel slighted. It had a mostly complete story and all of the requisite hot scenes!!

I liked the hero, Trevor Sand, and I liked the heroine, Misty, as well. Trevor is a pretty easy character to get to know... He's a rock star. Period. He's slept with the countless women and has drunk all the liquor you can imagine. The only difference is that he's not human. And so begins my confusion. So Trevor is a satyr... you know, half man, half goat? Well, half SOMETHING with hairy legs. Ok, like, hairy legs that are hairier than the usual hairy legs, ok? Oh and cloven feet. He's also some kind of demon. Are satyrs demons? I didn't think so but this one is. And he's also something called an elemental. All you need to know is that he can change the composition of his body... stone, wood, fire, etc. How or why is he all three of these things? I have no idea and if it was explained in the book, I missed it. Misty seems like your average girl...working in Hollywood for a post-production FX company, which she hates doing. I'm pretty sure she wants to make her own movies? Or does she want to make her own art? I don't know, all I do know is that she thinks her job sucks.

Next thing you know, bing, bang, boom, she's at one of Trevor's shows and he sees her in the crowd, yadda yadda yadda. Trevor and Misty are SUPER hot together. The Sexy Time is phenomenal. In fact, it's the stellar Sexy Time that earned this book 3 instead of 2 stars. Very descriptive, super explicit, a little dirty... everything you want in your sex scenes. Unfortunately, it doesn't end there...

They go on to figure out that Misty is Trevor's Muse and now these other beings want to kill them. Fights ensue and there you go. The problem is that what I've just described is maybe a 50 page book, give or take. The rest of the 80-something pages devolves into some kind of freaky deeky poetry slam stuff. I mean, there's some song lyrics tossed in every few pages... Trevor and Misty go on what I swear was a psychedelic-mushroom-tranced-out-trip across a field of grass and trees. I shit you not, I could not describe it even if you paid me to. I have no idea what happened. In fact, for a while, I was worried that I was stoned in some kind of Kindle osmosis weed transfer! But since that is highly unlikely, I'm guessing that the author is a poet at heart and wanted to impart some poetry into his erotic romance.

Overall, this was an interesting book. Again, the Sexy Time was awesome! But if you like a narrative attached to the sex, tread lightly with this one. Honestly, I think Wiccans would really dig this because it seemed to me that there was serious respect for Mother Nature in this book. I don't mean that as any kind of insult, in any way. What I'm trying to say is that this book is not a simple rock star erotic novella. Not even close. If that's what you're looking for, you may want to keep moving on down the road. But if you like trippy prose or poetry with your erotic romance, you should probably pick this book up. It just wasn't for me.