Lizardo94

Lizardo94

Holiday Kisses: A Holiday Romance Collection
Jaci Burton, HelenKay Dimon, Shannon Stacey, Angela James
Until Fountain Bridge: (InterMix)
Samantha Young
Levi's Ultimatum
Eliza Gayle
Death's Lover
Marie Hall
A Simple Twist of Fate (A Hanover Brothers Novel) - HelenKay Dimon

Review and author interview posted on Kindles & Wine

The more contemporary romance I read, the more I’m able to decide what I like and what I don’t like in them. I’m finding that I really enjoy novels by HelenKay Dimon. She has great characters all over the story, lots of heart, and plenty of laughs, which is why her books have a place at the top of my to-be-read list! And today, I have the absolutely awesomest pleasure of hosting Miss HelenKay not just on our blog, but on the release day of her new book, A Simple Twist of Fate! SQUEE!!!!

Sophie is the housekeeper at the Hanover brothers’ estate. She has a secret, but the author doesn’t let us in on what it is right away. As the story progresses, we find out more and more. I really liked Sophie in the beginning of A Simple Twist of Fate. In her first scene, she walks in on a naked Beck Hanover exiting the shower. Instead of it being just a silly or embarrassing scene, it’s drawn out and takes the funny factor way over the top. I just loved it! But as the book went on, I liked Sophie less and less. She had plenty of opportunities to tell her secret, but she kept putting it off. Later, she thinks something about how she’s lost her hope and belief in the hero because he didn’t believe her. I just thought that was insanely hypocritical since she had been lying to everyone for months! She seemed to expect a level of trust from people but didn’t reciprocate that trust, and unfortunately, I never really got back to the point where I liked her.

Beck, on the other hand, was awesome from start to finish! Beck is a lawyer and is sort of the overall problem solver for the family. Still, his brothers tease him mercilessly about being a lawyer. Hilarious yet maddening…older brothers, right?! It seemed like much of the book is told from Sophie’s point of view, so I felt like I didn’t get a chance to know Beck as well as I got to know Sophie. But it was clear how much Beck loves his brothers and how he would do just about anything for them. I felt like it was a very real relationship.

Now I may or may not have loved Sophie, but as a couple, Sophie and Beck are completely awesome! What I thought was really great was how Beck is sort of trusting (but not gullible) and she is totally the opposite for the longest time, so they complement each other perfectly!

Overall, with the exception of the heroine, I enjoyed this one. I love all of the characters in this book and across the series so much—the brothers, of course, but even some of the secondary characters as well! In fact, I can’t wait to read Book 3. I have my fingers crossed that Sophie’s new friend Mallory will find herself in love with the last Hanover brother.

Bottom Line
A Simple Twist of Fate is another great installment in the Hanover Brothers series. You don’t need to read the first book; A Simple Twist of Fate can be read on its own and has great characters that you’re really going to enjoy! Plenty of laughs and a great relationship between the hero and heroine make this book one you won’t want to miss!

Rating: B

Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley