Lizardo94

Lizardo94

Holiday Kisses: A Holiday Romance Collection
Jaci Burton, HelenKay Dimon, Shannon Stacey, Angela James
Until Fountain Bridge: (InterMix)
Samantha Young
Levi's Ultimatum
Eliza Gayle
Death's Lover
Marie Hall
Tiger Magic -  Jennifer Ashley

Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

I haven't liked many shifter books. After reading this one, I finally found one that I really liked!

The heroine, Carly, is definitely my kind of heroine. She finds her fiancee in the act of cheating on her. At first, she's shocked and hurt. But later, she gets pissed. Really pissed. I love when heroines really have that fire. Carly is a strong woman and she simply won't let anyone mess with her.

The hero, Tiger, is almost the perfect hero. He's a shifter. But he's some kind of super shifter and no one is quite sure exactly what he is in addition to being a shifter. But he's been subject to torture and experimentation ever since he can remember so he doesn't really fit in anywhere and doesn't really have any social skills. Tiger is operating pretty much on pure instinct. When he sees Carly, he scents her and he feels that he recognizes her scent as that of his mate. From then on, he's pretty much inseparable from Carly. Since he's this huge guy, he generally does whatever the hell he wants and no one can stop him! Gah! So hot!

Now, the reason that this book made me a lover of shifters is because of the complex relationship between Carly and Tiger. Tiger is a serious alpha male. He tough and huge and intimidating. But he has some serious flaws, like the fact that he can't really function in polite society. So Tiger is this big strong guy but Carly comes in and rescues him. And she doesn't do it once. She does it over and over. Tiger needs Carly in so many ways and Carly comes to care for him in a deep way. I mean, it felt so epic to me and I was completely caught up in their romance and their relationship.

So I loved this book but I only gave it 4 stars. Why, you ask? Well, the secret of what Tiger really is eventually is revealed. And to ME, it was a total let down. I really thought that Tiger was going to be, like, an alien or a superhero or something. I won't tell you what he is but I just wanted him to be more. However, what he IS, pretty much had to be so that all of the loose ends are tied up and so that you can walk away feeling good about everyone. Also, I'm not totally sure that its completely a stand alone novel. I mean, its number 5 in the Shifters Unbound series and I had never read any of the other ones. I still enjoyed this book. But I have to admit that I was a little confused at first. I just wasn't sure if shifters were out in the open or if they were still hiding in plain sight. You figure it out pretty quickly so it wasn't that big of a deal but I still wanted to mention it.

Overall, I loved this book. I would recommend this book to people who aren't super sure that they want to read a book about shape shifters. I think this book might change your mind. It was so fun to read and has so much heart. I'm for sure going back and picking up the previous books in the series. I think you might do the same if you read this one!!